Friday, March 12, 2010

How to Write Your Own Copy

I just got an email asking why in the world I keep linking people to Copyblogger.  It is, after all, a blog devoted to writing sales copy.

There are a couple of reasons:
  • They're better than me. I have to be honest. These folks have been doing this a lot longer than I have, and they have multiple authors with multiple foci and innovative ideas.
  • Most people don't have time to learn copy writing to the depth it's necessary to get the results they want and need; they prefer to have a professional write it for them.
  • Finally, I believe there enough people out there who are looking for my unique set of skills and attitude that Copyblogger isn't a threat to me.  In fact, I don't see copy writer as a threat to me. There's enough for everyone. 
Please feel free to study as much about copy writing as you want.  It's always good to be able to make a suggestion to your copy writer if you've read something that makes total sense to you that wasn't included in your copy.  Don't assume your copy writer will automatically agree with you but at that point, you're on your own; I won't make any suggestions for how to work with your copy writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment