Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Facebook Becomes Spamming and Phishing's Number One Hot Spot

The Times of London has been tracking the problem of spamming and phishing on Facebook. "A tidal wave of spam has been predicted this year as cyber criminals are increasingly targeting social networks such as Facebook." (Facebook Spam) Chances are we've recently all gotten some kind of spam on our Facebook accounts but according to this article, "In 2008 there were virtually no Facebook phishing messages. Today Facebook is the second most phished organisation online and, if current trends continue, is on track to take the top spot in 2010."

I don't know about you but I'm not thrilled about this.  The article doesn't tell us what to do about this invasion of our online privacy.  I'll be looking into this and reporting what I discover.  In the meantime, if you know of articles or other information that will help us keep the spammers at bay, let me know and I'll pass it along.

No comments:

Post a Comment